Monday, December 23, 2013

3 Dreams

1. I was back in Aukland, but not as a tourist. This time I was hired to infiltrate (through imitation) the highest ranks of the Chinese government who were visiting New Zealand. Surprisingly I pulled it off for quite some time before a weird wild cat ruined the whole mission. I had to jump from a 30 story window to escape using the cat's tail as a rope.

2. I was at some kind of sporting event but the seating was more in keeping with a giant air liner. I choose to sit where I could see the most faces (which I often do in order to observe and draw more people). A young man was sitting next to me reading. The long line of seats across from me had many young medical students who were playing the sort of trivia you would only see in movies: quotes from books in which you had to name the author. Everyone was stumped on the latest quote. The group leader turned to me saying that I should know the answer, pointing to the book to the left of me.  "Ray Bradbury," I said. To everyone's surprise I was right. This sparked a fun conversation between myself and my seating companion about the brilliant works of Ray Bradbury. 

3. Drew Phillips, Ian Reed and I were at a run down comic book thrift store. It was filled with old comics, bad paintings and broken toys. No one was running the store so we had a good time of mocking the toys which were odd combinations of genres. I specifically remember there being  a Super Mario Superman. Eventually our conversation turned to an argument over incorporating a deer into the Hussian School of Art's logo somewhere. It seemed liked we talked about that for hours. Eventually some middle aged hippy appeared from a back room telling us to get out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment